Now Interviewing Part Time Employees - Apply Online
ARTI-ST Music Center is looking for reliable and friendly addition to our staff who will work passionately with us to support our mission. ARTI-ST Music’s mission is to inspire members of the general community into a love for great music through music instruction and supportive retail merchandising. The successful candidate will provide superior customer service to our base of regular music students, and will take an active role in increasing ARTI-ST Music Center’s reach within the Baltimore region. ARTI-ST Music is particularly interested in a candidate with management potential who will work to create growth with an expectation of long-term commitment and future rewards.
Job Description: Retail Associate and Lesson Coordinator
The Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator at ARTI-ST Music Center will accomplish job duties with honesty, integrity, and knowledge that promote the values, culture, and mission of ARTI-ST Music.
The Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator is part of a team of salespersons/clerks, contracted teachers, and upper management working toward company sales and lesson-registration goals. The Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator has specific duties in two areas: Retail Sales and Lesson Coordination.
Primary retail sales duties include the meeting of company sales goals and the supervision of the sales floor. In the course of meeting responsibilities, the following is expected:
* Daily sales tasks, including customer service phone calls and emails (this may include cold-calling, follow-ups, and follow-throughs), greeting and assisting customers, responding to questions and complaints, and student registrations.
* Instrument rentals.
* Promotion of Acoustic & Digital Pianos (may require off-site work).
* Promotion of ARTI-ST’s other products and lesson programs.
* Maintenance of the store during duty days. Maintenance tasks include cleaning and surveying inventory for needed stock replacements.
* Keep customer satisfaction and customer loyalty a top priority, and continually learn new product information in order to educate and assist customers.
2. Lesson Coordination
Primary lesson coordination duties include overseeing of the lesson schedule, including student-teacher match-ups, scheduling/rescheduling, and registrations. In the course of meeting lesson coordination responsibilities, the following is expected:
* Development of a personable relationship with all students, parents, and teachers.
* Handling of registration questions, problems, or complaints
* Keeping ARTI-ST Music’s lesson scheduling software up-to-date.
* Execution of company procedures for maintenance of the online schedule.
* Attendance at semi-annual recitals and other outside student performances.
* Optional: teaching music lessons if candidate holds a degree in music.
The Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator must speak clearly and effectively and project enthusiasm to customers about ARTI-ST’s programs and merchandise. The Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator must be a successful multi-tasker and constantly demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events. He/she must exhibit patience with customers or teachers in distress or possessing language difficulties. Because the job requires daily contact with regular clients, the Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator must build relationships and show genuine care for clients, employees, and teachers, including those who may be difficult to work with.
In order to succeed as an ARTI-ST Music team member, a passion for music education, children, and the Arts in general is essential. Since work with computers is part of the daily routine, the Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator must have good computer skills, including typing, email, POS systems, web navigation, and MS Office. In the course of dealing with floor inventory, the successful candidate must be able to carry boxes of inventory and help to push acoustic pianos.
The Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator is a position eligible for promotion to Associate Manager. In order to achieve promotion, the Retail Associate/Lesson Coordinator must perform duties successfully, fit well within the ARTI-ST Music family of employees and teachers, and achieve measurable growth through active promotion and other means, both during and outside of the regular work schedule. Musical training at the college level is preferred but not required.
Salary / Hours
At the current time, this position is part-time with potential promotion to full-time based on employee performance. Peak hours are weeknights from 3-9pm, and Friday evening and Saturday work hours are required. Remuneration is commensurate with experience and will include both hourly and commission pay.
The job description above is a summary which highlights typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The duties of the successful candidate may differ from those outlined in this description, and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
- From Thursday, January 26, 2017 to Thursday, August 31, 2017