Ionic Lodge 145 A.F.& A.M.
Housed in a masonic temple in the heart of historic Reisterstown, members of this lodge follow in the footsteps of more than two centuries of freemasons.
Freemasonry existed in Reisterstown from 1798 when a Lodge was chartered as Temple No. 26 in what would become Reisterstown.
Though there is little history on this early Lodge, Reisterstown residents formed another Lodge in 1869. The Ionic Lodge No. 145 A.F. and A.M held its first meetings in the Meeting room of the Henry Clay Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. But with rent as high as 12.00 a year, the Lodge formed a committee in 1922 to find land on which to build a temple.
By the summer of 1926, the new building was complete. Truly a jewel of our town, the temple has been home to the old town clock since 1968. Known affectionately as "Big Ed," one need only gaze atop the temple to know that its time to serve the community.
- 85 Main Street, Reisterstown, MD 21136